Friday, August 6, 2010

Well...

So there I was...
Grandma's house for a pleasant visit. Nice, right? But then... "I'm so thirsty... all the time." I complained aloud. My aunt looked up at me from her studying. "Are you drinking a lot?" "Yes." "Are you peeing a lot?" "Yes." ...............and then......... "Are you diabetic?" to which I of course replied, "No."
      But she still took off to fetch something from her room. I was afraid I was going to have to pee on a strip or something. But what I got was a swift prick to the finger, a small drop of blood, and a blood glucose reading that said "HIGH". The meter measures up to 500. Which is bad.
     A few hours later I left the doctor's office with prescriptions and slightly less blood than when I had entered.


So here I am, a sugary sweet cupcake queen, waiting to find out if I have type one or type two diabetes. Considering my person, and my lifestyle, we think type one, but so far the tests have given evidence that could go either way. But no matter what, it will be a change, and I will be fine. I am determined to be just fine.

1 comment:

  1. Well thank goodness your Aunt had a machine. It sucks to have diabetes, but it's worse to have it and not know.

    I am going to add you to my blogroll and make sure other bloggers find you. There is a huge network of diabetics online that are here to support, help, listen, and be there for you in anything you need. Please make sure you reach out to them.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog and PWD means People With Diabetes. Some people don't like being called Diabetic. Doesn't bother me but to each his own!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete